Guiding Patients to Better Health Care
For *HEALTH EDUCATORS:
Delivering content in person to patients and communities
Watch a Preview Video
For a brief two-minute introduction to Guiding Patients to Better Health Care, please view this video:
Do you know anyone who:
- Is confused or unsure about how to interact in a medical setting?
- Could benefit from improved communication skills in a medical setting?
- Is not sure where to go for appropriate medical services?
- Does not know about patient rights?
Medical consumerism is about helping patients be more empowered and informed customers of health care services.
- Recognize cultural norms impacting patients’ behavior, communication, and compliance with treatment plans
- Develop specific communication strategies to help you better understand patients’ concerns while making them more comfortable sharing information about their health and health-related behaviors
- Explain the basics of health insurance in a way that patients’ can understand
- Learn to use interpreters and specially-designed tools to get past language barriers
- Define strategies for helping patients take responsibility for their health
*Designed For Health Educators
Includes tools to deliver the content in-person to patient or community groups:
- Instructor's Guide provides the educator with suggestions for presenting the course material, along with suggested activities to reinforce key concepts
- Presentation that the educator may use to show to groups
- Handouts for patient reference and appointment preparation
These materials are located in the "Teaching Tools For You" section; the Instructor's Guide and presentation can be found under "Tell Your Story."
- Available on tablet or computer.